Vision is about the eye. It is all about what you see, or how well you see. Healthy vision gives you sensation, perception, and conception. Your life depends on your eyes. In short, healthy vision gives you all the raw materials for living for life.
Vision is seeing, which involves not just the eyes, but also the mind, and the brain as well.
- Healthy vision requires healthy eyes with healthy light-sensing cells to receive and process visual information.
- Healthy vision requires a health mind so that it can selectively see the visual data presented before the eyes. Healthy eyes do not see everything, nor do they attempt to see everything.
- AWARENESS: See only selectively! Never STRAIN your eyes to see! A blurry image is OK!
Healthy vision requires a healthy brain to interpret correctly the visual data selectively collected by the eye.
Therefore, healthy vision is a complex interaction between the eye, the mind, and the brain. The physical body (specifically, the physical and physiological health) and the environment (such as lighting) can positively or negatively influence this complex interaction between the eye, the mind, and the brain. In other words, vision health is holistic health. Accordingly, vision self-healing cannot address only the human eye alone; as a matter of fact, vision self-healing begins with the mind first, and then the eye, and the body.
To conclude, healthy vision is a balance and correlation of physical eyesight, emotional seeing, and inner vision.
How to have better visual images
- Good lighting to stimulate the light-sensing cells of your eyes (millions of light-sensing cells in the retina)
- Relaxed ciliary muscles to hold the lens in its proper place
- Relaxed eyeballs to retain their shape
- A relaxed macula (near the center of the retina) to prevent intense use of central vision, or staring, causing eyestrain
- A relaxed mind to correctly interpret and process the visual data received
Good vision is all about relaxation.
Copyright© by Stephen Lau