Getting old is no fun: your vision declines, among other things! But it doesn’t have to be like that.
Your vision health is holistic health: that is, it is related to your overall health, in particular, your kidneys and your spine. According to Chinese medicine, the kidneys are considered the longevity organs of the body. An erect spine contributes to better breathing, and, more importantly, the free flow of “qi” which is internal life energy flowing through the meridians of your body. This internal life energy carries oxygen and nutrients to your eyes, as well as your other body organs. If you want to be vibrant with good vision, focus on your kidneys and your lower back.
As you continue to age, you may not want to do too many rigorous exercises. The following basic “qi gong” exercise helps both your kidneys and your lower back, and therefore is beneficial to your vision health:
(1) As you get up in the morning, stand with your feet close together.
(2) Relax your head and shoulders by gently rotating your head upward, downward, right and left in a circular motion, while opening your eyes. Do not “fix” your eyes on anything; just let them “notice” the surrounding.
(3) Stretch your hands upward as far as you can go, and then forward. You will feel the stretch in your lower back.
(4) Now, bend forward until your hands touch the floor, or as far as you can go. Continue to look upward to keep your back straight. Remain in this position for as long as possible.
(5) Then, slowly uncurl your body.
(6) Repeat the above.
This exercise is easy to perform, and it benefits the whole body, especially the eye. Perform this exercise as you get up in the morning, and before you go to bed.
For more information, go to my web page: Vision Health.
Kidney Diet Secrets: Learn the secrets of research-based kidney-focused diet to cure yourself of kidney problems. Forget about expensive drugs, costly doctor consultation, and even unnecessary surgeries.
Stephen LauCopyright © 2018 by Stephen Lau